Reports & Whitepapers
The State of Consumer Spending: Inflation's Impact on The Workforce
As employers grapple with whether to recall their teams to in-office work or to offer more flexibility with a remote or hybrid workforce, new data revealed by First Insight indicates that remote/hybrid workers are more negatively impacted by the effects of inflation than full-time in-office workers.
In this report, you'll hear from both remote/hybrid and full-time employees:
- How price increases are impacting their daily lives
- Changing shopping behavior with rising inflation
- Where they're noticing price increases
- Where they're cutting back overall and specifically within entertainment, groceries, and apparel/footwear/accessories.
- How inflation is impacting workers' travel
- How workers are allocating their discretionary spending
About First Insight
First Insight, the world leader in Next-Gen Experience Management (XM), is transforming how companies make better decisions leading to a sustainable future. Customers include some of the world’s leading vertically integrated brands, department stores, consumer products companies, mass merchant retailers and wholesalers.
First Insight’s findings are based upon a survey conducted through its proprietary platform. The report is based upon a sample of 1000 U.S. adults fielded in April 2022. The sample was balanced by generation, region, and gender. Further details on the findings are available upon request.
Download the Full Report
Fill out the form below and download the report
- Coming Crunch for Retailers Pits Sustainability v. Inflation
- “Inflationomics” Is Driving Consumers To Store Brands
- The State of Consumer Spending: Inflation Impacting Consumer Confidence
- Retailers Scramble to Adapt As Inflation, Supply Chain Woes Persist
- If Inflation Is So Scary, Why Are Consumers Still Spending?